Best 2019 Live Performance Playlist

Best 2019 Live Performances Playlist



     The 2010's was a fascinating decade for me, musically. First of all, I only just got back into DJing in 2011 when I attended my friend's birthday party in Long Beach. During the end of the night everyone was wasted and they had open decks and I mixed and played a few records and was back in the groove instantly. Thanks to DJ Aldo and Jon for that night.

Second of all, genre wise I experimented with everything I wanted to: Soundtracks, breaks, funk, soul, 80s, electronic, classic rock, alternative, bossa nova, jazz, twee, witch house, & pop. 2016, DJ Maximus got me into using Serato at live gigs and I got a good taste of what popular music was like at the time, although I wasn't ready for it. 2018, I was hanging out with a younger crowd that got me back into hip hop via trap. Then a special someone got me into K-Pop, mainly BTS. Which brought me full circle into 2019 where I started actually doing solo gigs and appreciating pop music as it exists today.

This playlist has everything that I'm into nowadays: BTS, Jonas Brothers, J.Balvin, Bad Bunny, Cardi B, Migos, Metro Boomin, Halsey, Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, Camila Cabello, BLACKPINK, etc. It was a great year for pop music, but mainly it was the year of BTS. I hope 2020 brings exponential success for all these great artists. Because it truly inspires me to be a better DJ and a more optimistic person in general. :D

PLAYLIST


Comments

Popular Posts