Mina After Hours Edit

Mina After Hours Edit


     So I made another K-Pop Edit for my bias Mina from TWICE. I'm really proud of this one because, first of all I compiled lots of footage of Mina and that part was wonderful. \( ̄▽ ̄)/

If you follow TWICE and Mina, you'll know she is a very reserved and introverted person who unfortunately suffered severe anxiety and couldn't tour with the group for much of the later half of 2019.

I made this video with two concepts. One revolved around the song "After Hours" by The Velvet Underground. The song is technically “for people who like to drink around 6 in the morning at after hours bars”, according to Lou Reed. But the song always had this hypnotic lullaby quality to it. And when you play it with different visuals, the meaning changes contextually.




And second of all, I played around with the Film Filter Effect (which I just got a free filter from YouTube and Overlayed it on the top Video Layer) and Kodak Film Stock frames. The last edit I made I used a lot of VHS filters so I wanted to do something different. I'm really glad it turned out well and that the concept matched what I had in my head. These edits are only 30 seconds long so it's less of a commitment and the overall product is much easier to match with your visual intention.

For me, the video edit I made is a heartwarming letter of empathy for a person with social anxiety. I hope the video makes its way around and people share it, which will be hard with copyright issues from MGM, but I want people to share it's meaning of a growing issue for many people. At the very least I'd like to dedicate this sentiment to a lovely person. 

Here is the IG video. If the sound is muted, please use the YouTube LINK.

Comments

Popular Posts