Smos Def Intro

Smos Def


        What up, Smos heads! It's yo boy, Smos Def, aka Smosef, aka The Spaceman. I've been DJing since 1998, so I'm pretty much a musical genre chameleon. I've been into mostly every iteration of hip-hop, electronic, indie rock, etc. My notable obsessions include, but are definitely not limited to, Trip-Hop, 90s-2000s Underground Hip-Hop, Chiptune, Synthwave, Trap Hip-Hop, and Witch House.

In addition to my wide range of musical influences, I am a perpetual student of film, (sometimes) filmmaker, videographer, and video editor. My favorite filmmakers include David Lynch, Quentin Tarantino, Steven Soderbergh, & Wong Kar Wai. I consume so much television content that it's hard to list my favorites but some of my all-time favorites are: Mr. Robot, Seinfeld, Master of None, Atlanta, Breaking Bad, & The Americans. I also consume music videos religiously so I figured it was only logical to combine my love of the visual with my love of the audio. So I'll be posting my Music Video Mixes on this blog, periodically.

Other posts I plan to publish: Playlists, Short Podcasts of me soliloquizing, philosophizing, and waxing poetic; but mainly just monologuing out of my ass, Film and Music news in general, and Mixtapes.

Keep those heads bangin', Smos heads!

My Old Vimeo (early Film School videos and some Music Videos)
My Festival Entries Vimeo

Smosef Mixcloud
Groovers and Shakers (check em' out!)

Comments

Popular Posts