Simpsonwave

Simpsonwave  ~(_8 ^ ( | )





     So I thought I knew all the waves: new wave, chillwave, synthwave, retrowave, dreamwave, etc. And then I stumbled upon vaporwave, then Simpsonwave - which is pretty much vaporwave with trippy, psychedelic, & lofi Simpsons visuals. I won't even try to describe what its sound is like (this article covers it nicely), just know that it is comatose inducing "chill". It feels like you're stoned listening to it and you don't even have to really be "stoned".

All I could think of while listening to this revelation of a music genre is, "what a wonderful world" we live in right now. All the data collecting and suggested musical content pushed in our faces as a result of our search history aside, there are tons of heretofore undreamt of music out there (and still more probably I've yet to discover). Yes, Simpsonwave is a thing. And I'm oh so glad to have found it. 

Aye Carumba!

Make sure to subscribe to these users:

Comments

Popular Posts